Want to know what smart little Megan did today? Burned myself at work. Again. EXACTLY THE SAME WAY AS LAST TIME.
For those that don’t know a few months ago I burned my right hand really bad at work. Was second degree burns. I was out of work for two or more weeks. How did I do that? Brewing the iced tea. The stupid filter thing didn’t drain the water and when I pulled it out it splashed all over my hand and arm. It hurt bad. I was bawling.
Well, today the same damn thing happened. Except it was my left and luckily only a little bit hit it. And no skin came off thankfully. I went and ran it under cold water right away and after doing that for a while put some burn cream on. Shortly after I went home. When I got home put some other cream I had that I used with my other burn.
I really gotta learn not to touch that thing when it does that. It has done it a few times, but I like to be stupid. Hopefully the owner doesn’t get mad. Pretty soon they won’t let me touch that either. Honestly I don’t even want to. From now on I’ll double check if the filter thing looks full. If it is. NO TOUCH. I really hate my life sometimes. 😩
Luckily its a mildish burn. Not any marks at all, just sore there. So lucked out there. Thank God for that! 😭 I just feel so stupid…and I suppose I am with this stuff a bit.
Weeeell, I guess I should attempt to update. I’ve gotten so bad with updating here. Though I’ve been neglecting my forum too. 😓
Honestly not much going on. Just been working. When not working either sleeping, playing games, or role playing. That’s like all I’m interested in doing right now. Just…hard to make myself do other stuff. Been really struggling with that lately. However, I finished off CrossCode (Again), so I’ll likely take a break from games so maybe that will help.
Right now I really would like a nap. Didn’t take one today since I was finishing off CrossCode. But its also kinda late for one. But knowing me I’ll likely lay down. Sleeeeepy! 😴
I guess that’s all for now. Not much but its something!
Its been a while since I’ve last written.
Been back at work a while since I injured it. Its all healed up. I finally don’t need to wear a bandage at work. It finally can take heat again. It healed pretty well. Just very light scaring. Sometimes it darkens up, but its still not too bad. Definitely not as bad as I figured.
Christmas was good. Got lots of nice stuff though my favorites were some plushies I got. One is a monster that has a saying about being brave. I’ve found it super helpful with my anxiety and worries. New Years was decent, not that we’ve ever done much to celebrate.
As for this new year. So far…not horrible, but not great. Honestly I don’t have high expectations for it. I typically do write goals either here or on my forum for myself (like somewhere), but I haven’t bothered. Though perhaps I should, since it might give me more…of a focus for the year. So, I’ll do that now:
Goals for 2021
- Take Better Care of Myself: Physically and mentally. I need to take better care of my body in general. One main part is I do need to lose weight. Both for health and to feel better about myself. As for mental, I want to better my anxiety and my issues with worries.
- Better Myself: I want do various things in this area. I want to be better person. I always feel like I’m a horrible person. Mostly when my temper flares. And its hard for me to forgive and let stuff go. I want to be kinder.
- Religion: I often put a lot of pressure on myself in this area, and worry about stuff a lot. I want to do that less. And I want to try to just trust and believe.
- Habits: I have good and bad ones but I’d like to try to lessen the bad ones, and try to do more positive ones.
- Take it Easy: I’ll be honest writing this kinda just makes me feel stressed. Probably not good, but…I kinda feel I should have some sort of direction. Or maybe its me overthinking as usual.
Anyway, I want to take it easy on myself. Not put so much pressure on myself. Just try to go with the flow I guess.
That’s about it for that I guess. Not sure if its helpful to write this stuff or not, but I guess what’s the harm? I can just ignore it if I don’t find it helpful I suppose. I guess that’s all for now.